Multiple Database Reporting with JasperReports and UnityJDBC
Supporting Multiple Sources in JasperReports
Jaspersoft is a powerful open source reporting package, but generating reports with data from multiple sources is hard and often impossible without the enterprise version. Subreports may work in some cases, but joins between tables in different sources is not easily handled with subreports. Although these issues may be tackled at the data layer using ETL, data warehousing, or data virtualization, that represents an additional cost in infrastructure and time for deployment and management.
Jaspersoft and UnityJDBC Virtualization
UnityJDBC integrates directly into Jaspersoft and Jaspersoft Server and provides multiple source reporting and data virtualization without the need for additional infrastructure. UnityJDBC can be installed and producing reports in 5 minutes at a fraction of the cost of other technologies. Benefits:
- Real-time reporting - live data directly from sources
- Unlock business value - integrate data from anywhere immediately with minimal cost
- No training - developers use SQL and existing tools
- No new infrastructure - provides minimal total cost of ownership
UnityJDBC Features for Jaspersoft
- Multiple source joins including inner/outer joins
- SQL function translation for all SQL functions
- Full query builder integration - use any of the Jasper graphical query builders without changes
- Scaleable performance - supports large queries including results larger than memory
- State-of-the-art optimizer - extracts minimal data from each source and performs push-down execution
- No hassle deployment - by installing one JAR file
» Download "Five Levels of embedded BI"
» Download "Embedded Analytics in Modern Application"
» Download "Feature List"
The TIBCO Jaspersoft BI reporting tool is used in all WMC applications
Julius Bär Case Study
Julius Bär, eine internationale Schweizer Bank, benutzt für Auswertungen aus mehreren Quellen den Jaspersoft Server. Hier das Resultat:
- Cross-Plattform Reports kurzfristig erstellt und verteilt.
- Kein Data Warehouse, keine neue Infrastruktur, Kosten- und Zeitreduktion um 80%.
- Keine Ausbildung für Entwickler.