Multiple Database Reporting with JasperReports and UnityJDBC
Supporting Multiple Sources in JasperReports
JasperReports is a powerful open source reporting package, but generating reports with data from multiple sources is hard and often impossible without the enterprise version. Subreports may work in some cases, but joins between tables in different sources is not easily handled with subreports. Although these issues may be tackled at the data layer using ETL, data warehousing, or data virtualization, that represents an additional cost in infrastructure and time for deployment and management.
JasperReports and UnityJDBC Virtualization
UnityJDBC integrates directly into JasperReports and JasperReports Server and provides multiple source reporting and data virtualization without the need for additional infrastructure. UnityJDBC can be installed and producing reports in 5 minutes at a fraction of the cost of other technologies. Benefits:
- Real-time reporting - live data directly from sources
- Unlock business value - integrate data from anywhere immediately with minimal cost
- No training - developers use SQL and existing tools
- No new infrastructure - provides minimal total cost of ownership
UnityJDBC Features for JasperReports
- Multiple source joins including inner/outer joins
- SQL function translation for all SQL functions
- Full query builder integration - use any of the Jasper graphical query builders without changes
- Scaleable performance - supports large queries including results larger than memory
- State-of-the-art optimizer - extracts minimal data from each source and performs push-down execution
- No hassle deployment - by installing one JAR file
» Download free trial.
» Download feature list.
Jasper Reports is the BI-reporting tool used in all WMC solutions
Julius Baer Banking Case Study
Julius Baer, a multi-national Swiss bank, uses UnityJDBC for multiple source reporting with JasperReports server. Results:
- Cross-platform reports deployed in a few days.
- No data warehouse or new infra- structure, reducing costs and time by 80%.
- No developer training required.